Applicant must be organized and experienced in a wide variety of residential construction methods and have working knowledge of a variety of trades, specializing in carpentry. Attention to detail and strong communication skills are extremely important. This position breaks down to roughly 50% hands-on work in the field, and 50% office work to document progress, manage schedules and budgets, and communicate effectively with the project manager, procurement team, and owners.
- Understanding the client’s requirements.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and specifications
- Budgeting time and materials for the work to be done.
- Assigning tasks to team members as per their abilities.
- Estimating the raw materials required for the job.
- Creative thinking to solve technical obstacles
- Supervising the team members.
- Tracking the progress of the work.
- Following all the safety rules and regulations.
- Providing training to new workers.
- Solving problems faced by the team members.
- Working in collaboration with the Subcontractors and Project Manager.
- Making use of various power tools and hand tools.
- Maintaining a day-to-day record of tasks completed.
- Ensuring the work area is clean after work.
- Performing various carpentry duties as and when needed.
- Adhering to all the rules and regulations of the company.
- Documenting change orders and accurate job costing.
- Meet deadlines and milestones to keep schedules on track.